Student Services


The Office of the Registrar will provide an official transcript of a student's academic record issued directly to the student or to a third party provided the student has given proper authorization to the Registrar’s Office.

Official transcripts are printed on official security College transcript paper and include the Registrar’s signature and College Seal. Official transcripts issued directly to students/alumnae are in a sealed envelope with the Registrar’s signature across the back flap.

Note: The Office of the Registrar will not process any transcript requests from students who have an outstanding balance or unfulfilled obligation to the College.

About the Bennett College Transcripts

A Bennett College transcript contains a student's entire academic history as well as degree conferral information. All Bennett College transcripts issued from the Office of the Registrar (OR) are printed on official security paper and contain the school's seal on each page of the document. A transcript will contain the following information:

  • Name, College ID number
  • Program and major course of study, degree title, and conferral date
  • A complete listing of all courses (by term and date) taken at the College
  • A listing of all grades (by course) as well as a term grade point average and cumulative grade point average
  • Number of credits per course, term, and cumulative amount

Transcript Holds

A hold on a student's record prevents the release of a transcript. There may be several reasons for a transcript hold, including unresolved financial obligations. If you have a transcript hold, contact the Business Office at 336-517-2110.

How to Request a Transcript at Bennett College

All currently enrolled students and those who have recently graduated from Bennett College can request transcripts through BelleNet. Current students may logon to BelleNet to access the electronic transcript request form. Select the Academic tab and select the Student Forms folder. Click on the CUS Clearinghouse Self Service Access and select “Order Or Track A Transcript”. All other alumnae and those who do not have access to BelleNet must complete and submit all transcript requests through the National Student Clearinghouse via the My Student Center {MSC}. A major credit card/debit card with Visa/MasterCard logo is required. Your credit card will be charged when your transcript request has been processed. Order updates will be emailed to you along with text messages (if text option is selected). You may also track your order online.

If you have any questions about ordering a transcript, contact the Office of the Registrar.

Entrollment Certifications - Student Self Service

We are pleased to announce that current students, alumnae and third party requestors can now obtain enrollment verifications online through the National Student Clearinghouse. Bennett College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:

Mail: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171

Several times each academic term, the College submits a report of students' enrollment status to the Clearinghouse which, in turn, supplies verification of enrollment to lending agencies.

Most lenders and loan servicing organizations participate in the Clearinghouse also participate in our paperless deferment process. With this process, no paper forms need to be completed by either students or schools – the student simply calls her servicer to request a deferment. The servicer then posts a deferment to the student’s account after the student’s verbal order is matched against the Clearinghouse electronic data verifying in-school status. A list of participating student lenders is available at

If your lender needs a deferment form processed, bring it to the Office of the Registrar. We forward all deferment forms to the Clearinghouse. They will confirm your enrollment has been sent to your lender. Bennett College does not provide this information directly to lending agencies. If you registered late or had an exception processed to your term registration, this information may not be reported until our next Clearinghouse submission.

If you receive a collection letter from a servicer, you should:

  • Call your lending agency to see if they received a deferment form from the Clearinghouse after they sent you the collection letter.
  • If after calling your servicer it still appears that your deferment was not processed, call the Clearinghouse at 703-742-4200. A Clearinghouse representative can verify the date they received the deferment form, when the deferment was certified, when your enrollment status was certified, and to which lenders and guarantors your deferrable status was reported.
  • If an emergency exists (e.g., you are being threatened with default), the Clearinghouse can intervene on your behalf by faxing another enrollment certification to your servicer. Further, it will work with your servicer to ensure that the form is processed on a high-priority basis.

We’re excited to announce the availability of FREE Student Self-Service at Bennett College.

Student Self-Service provides students with the ability to perform the following services securely via the Web, 24/7:

  • Print enrollment verification certificates to send to health insurers, housing providers or other organizations requiring proof of your enrollment
  • Check the deferment forms and electronic notifications sent to your lenders
  • Obtain a list of your student loan lenders and link to real-time loan information
  • View your enrollment history
  • View enrollment verifications provided to student service providers at your request
  • Order or track a trasncript

Student Self-Service is available via BelleNet under the Academics Tab: select “Student Forms”. Under CUS Clearinghouse Self Service Access please click to continue to the Enroll Verification/Loan Locator.

Student Rights under FERPA

  • The right to inspect their education records;
  • The right to prevent disclosure of their educational records;
  • The right to seek amendment to their education records if believed to be inaccurate or misleading; to append a statement to their record;
  • The right to be notified of their privacy rights under FERPA; and
  • The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education in Washington concerning an alleged failure by the College to comply with FERPA.